Russell is a York based artist and printmaker working mainly in monoprints, collagraphs, and collage.
His work is characterised by strong elements of pattern and colour.
Some work is purely abstract, exploring shapes and colours through handmade printmaking.
Other work is research based, either responding to a current issue or inspired by walking and observing places, creating and visualising small data sets to record his own presence and experience of a place, the data forming the basis for shapes and patterns in the final work.
He is a member of York Printmakers.
- MA (Creative Practice), Leeds Arts University (2016-18)
- Access Art & Design, York College, UK (2015-2016)
- Member of York Printmakers
- Public Commission - York NHS Trust, 2021
- 2023 - Sunny Bank Mills Christmas Fair
- 2023 - York Printmakers Autumn Fair
- 2023 - North Yorkshire Open Studios
- 2023 - Printed Bound Print Fair (Sunny Bank Mills)
- 2023 - NYOS at the Inspired By Gallery, Moors Centre, Danby
- 2022 - Sunny Bank Mills Xmas Fair
- 2022 - Liverpool Print Fair
- 2022 - The Station Richmond
- 2022 - York Printmakers Print Fair
- 2022 - SCAF Emerging Artist (Finalist)
- 2022 - Printed Bound Print Fair (Sunny Bank Mills)
- 2022 - York Printmakers at the Leaping Hare Gallery & Framers, Easingwold
- 2021 - 'Created in York' - Pop up exhibition, Coney Street, York
- 2021 - SCAF Emerging Artist, Boroughbridge (Finalist)
- 2021 - York Printmakers Autumn Print Fair
- 2020 - Pop-up Exhibition, Gillygate, York
- 2020 - York Printmakers Virtual Print Fair
- 2020 - The Potential of Pattern (Sunny Bank Mills)
- 2020 - You are Here (Online)
- 2018 - Left Bank Leeds
- 2018 - KPP Architecture Exhibition (Sunny Bank Mills) (Runnner-up)
- 2018 - Degrees North (RK Burt Gallery, London)
- 2018 - MA Show (Leeds)
- 2017 - Stranieri (Leeds Arts Uni)
- 2017 - Is this OK? (Wharf Chambers)
- 2016 - Access Show (York College)